Governor Gretchen Whitmer released new safety guidelines on Thursday, 11/5/20 due to the recent increase of COVID-19 cases and deaths in Michigan. One of the key measures which will be released in detail by MIOSHA on Monday, 11/9/20 is a work from home enforcement. Following that order, MIOSHA released more restrictions on November 15th. See below:
As we all do our part to keep our community safe, there are technology tools we can use so that we can continue to do our work despite the fact that we have to do so remotely.
Below are some things you will need to set up a remote office:
- Remote Connection Software: Software like ConnectWise allows you to remotely access your Windows PCs and Macs from your smartphone, tablet, or another computer. The interface is virtually seamless. It would be just like sitting in front of your computer at work.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): A VPN gives you online privacy and anonymity by creating a private network from a public internet connection. Most important, VPN services establish secure and encrypted connections to provide greater privacy than even a secured Wi-Fi hotspot. Some examples are NordVPN and CyberGhost.
- Cloud Storage: Cloud storage is a method of storing data on the Internet through a cloud computing provider who manages and operates data storage as a service. It’s delivered on demand and eliminates buying and managing your own data storage infrastructure. Options such as MS OneDrive and DropBox are readily available.
- Remote Office Phone System: Working from home can be more seamless by adopting a remote office phone system so teams can communicate from anywhere. This can be done with something as simple as call forwarding or with a virtual phone system such as RingCentral.
- IT Managed Service Provider: Having an MSP for your IT needs allows you to be more technologically functional at home. This service takes care of all your IT issues remotely and ensures that you don’t have lag-times as you work from home. Learn more here.
We can quickly set up your remote work environment and tailor everything to your specifications.
Book an appointment today to learn how we are here to help you navigate the MIOSHA orders. We face a lot of unique challenges during this pandemic, but one thing that never changes is our commitment to support our community. We can get through anything as long as we work together. Stay strong, Michigan!