According to a recent Gallup Poll, 62% of Americans have worked remotely due to COVID-19, a number that has doubled since March 2020. This is a 7% increase since the last time we discussed remote work during the pandemic. It appears that until a vaccine is available for public use, this might be the new normal for the foreseeable future. There are several tools to utilize during quarantine so let’s take a look!
In a typical company wide remote work scenario, you might be allowed to take home a laptop or computer and other equipment necessary to your job. But even if you wind up using your own personal computer, there are a wide array of applications and tools available online that can help you transition to working from home.
Below are 5 useful tech tools you can use to streamline working remotely:
- Microsoft Teams – An all in one hub for team collaboration that offers workspace chat and videoconferencing, file storage, and application integration. Given that communication is the number one hurdle in remote work, it’s crucial to have something in place that integrates people, content, and tools. Your team can continue to be engaged and productive regardless of location.
- Zoom – Provides video conferencing and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations. It’s essential to have face time with our team even during remote work because nothing replaces direct human interaction. Applications like Zoom allow us to feel less isolated.
- Dropbox – A simple, reliable file-syncing and storage service with enhanced collaboration features that lets anyone upload and transfer files to the cloud, and share them with everyone. You can back up and sync docs, photos, videos, and other files to cloud storage instead of using the in-office company servers.
- Toggl – Offers online time tracking and reporting services through their website along with mobile and desktop applications. Toggl tracks time blocks optionally labeled with a task, a project, and tags which allows for easy consolidation of project hours. Time and productivity tracking is a key component during remote work because we are more easily distracted when not in our normal work environment.
- Monday – A work OS that powers teams to run processes, projects, and workflows in one digital workspace. Remote work presents many unique challenges when it comes to team collaboration and project management. Having one platform that integrates all of your processes allows your team to be more streamlined and eliminates workflow inefficiencies.
Whatever your needs during a transition to remote work, Technology Solutions can help devise, set up, and integrate your new environment. Working from home can be relatively easy and pain free. Call us today or schedule an appointment for a consultation!